- Operating System: Windows 7, 8 and 10, macOS version 10.11.4 or later, but not 10.14.1. Windows 11 is not officially supported yet but we are not aware of any issue related to this new version of Windows.
- Operating System: Windows Server (2012 R2, 2016, 2019), Linux e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu
- Database: Oracle (12c, 19c), Java Derby 10.11.1.1*, Tested with PostgreSQL 12 and 13.
- Application server: Payara 5*
- Java 8 (JDK)*
* included by default in the installation package
- Web browser: the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari have been tested and shown to work with IUCLID 6. Internet Explorer is not supported anymore.
System requirements and recommendations
The memory requirements below refer to the total system memory for a machine running Windows. By default, the upper limit of memory usage for the application IUCLID 6 Desktop is 2 GB, whilst for IUCLID 6 Server it is 4 GB. For instructions on how to change these values, see FAQ 48.
- CPU/Cores: Dual core / 2 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB.
- For small to medium types of server installation with 2 to 10 simultaneous users and less than 1000 Substances
- CPU/Cores: Dual core / 3 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB
- For a large type of server installation with 10s of simultaneous users and more than 1000 Substances
- Cluster of 2 servers, each with 6 CPUs / 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB per server
- It is possible to host the database and application on separate servers.