Public REST API
Since version 1.2.0 (January 2017), IUCLID 6 comes with support for web services out of the box in both Desktop and Server versions.
IUCLID 6 offers a public REST Web Services API (IUCLID 6 Public REST API) for external systems for integration. This API will be maintained and backward compatibility will be ensured.
A web service is a service offered by a system to another system, communicating with each other via the World Wide Web (www).
A RESTful web service is built with Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style:
- Stateless communication protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Data and functionality are considered resources and are accessed using Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs)
- Resources are manipulated using a fixed set of operations mapped to HTTP methods: PUT (create), GET (read), POST (update), and DELETE (remove)
- Resources are decoupled from their representation so that their content can be accessed in a variety of formats, such as HTML, XML, plain text, PDF, JPEG, JSON, etc.
Download the latest documentation of the IUCLID 6 Public REST API:
- IUCLID 6 6.2.0 (26/11/2021)
Previous versions of this document can also be downloaded:
- IUCLID 6 5.1.2 (28/10/2020)
- IUCLID 6 3.1.1 (24/10/2018)
- IUCLID 6 2.0.0 (15/11/2017)
- IUCLID 6 1.3.0 (28/04/2017)
- IUCLID 6 1.2.0 (31/01/2017)
An example of how to using the IUCLID Public REST API with REACH Study Results is available here.
Please report any feedback, for example, bug reports and improvement requests to the Helpdesk.