Introduction and resources to download
The management of the IUCLID format is done by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) in collaboration with the OECD. ECHA's mandate originates from REACH Article 111 ("Formats and software for submission of information to the Agency"):
"The Agency shall specify formats and make them available free of charge [...] on its website for any submissions to the Agency. Member States, manufactures, importers, distributors or downstream users shall use these formats [...] in their submissions to the Agency pursuant to this Regulation. [...] For the purposes of registration, the format of the technical dossier [...] shall be IUCLID. The Agency shall coordinate the further development of this format with the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development to ensure maximum harmonisation."
The IUCLID 6 application follows this format intrinsically and IUCLID 6 users are, by definition, compliant with the format requirement of the REACH regulation and also compatible with the OECD Harmonised format.
You can download all information related to the IUCLID 6 format for the different main IUCLID 6 versions already published. The information of the downloadable archives is organised according to the information presented at the end of this page.
- IUCLID 6.1 format, published on 29th of April 2016 (.zip | 14.7 MB)
- IUCLID 6.2 format, published on 15th of November 2017 (.zip | 15.0 MB)
The format is expressed in the general-purpose mark-up language XML, and XML Schema definition files (.xsd) for all IUCLID 6 entities and documents. In addition, the format is made available in a more readable version (.doc).
IUCLID 6 is built as a platform and is a modular system. The IUCLID 6 format is separated in different groups ('definition providers') depending on its source identified in the table below.
IUCLID 6 definition providers and format
- OECD contains the set of documents harmonised at the OECD level to report studies done on chemicals to determine their properties or effects on human health and the environment. A set of .xsd and .doc files is provided for each document.
- CORE (IUCLID) contains the main documents of IUCLID such as the substance identification, the classification and labelling information or the endpoint summaries. A set of .xsd and .doc files is provided for each document.
- EU REACH contains the specific documents used for the European Union REACH Regulation, such as the inquiry or the opt-out information. A set of .xsd and .doc files is provided for each document.
- EU CLP contains the specific documents used for the european Union CLP Regulation. A set of .xsd and .doc files is provided for each document.
- EU BPR contains the specific documents used for the european Union Biocidal Products Regulation - BPR. A set of .xsd and .doc files is provided for each document.
Additionaly, the following information is available:
- IUCLID 6 dossiers schemas (.xsd files).
- IUCLID 6 file format contains the XML schema definitions (.xsd) for the IUCLID 6 files elements (e.g. platform fileds, manifest file structure).
- IUCLID 6 list of all fields contains the unique IUCLID field identifers (these can be accessed using the key F12 from a dataset or dossier field in your IUCLID installation or by right-clicking a field, since IUCLID 6.2). This file also contains the IUCLID 6 phrases and phrase groups displayed as picklists in IUCLID.
- Each format information package contains a set of Excel files, per legislation (e.g. CORE, OECD, EU BPR) detailling all the changes made between the latest version and the previous one (e.g. between IUCLID 6.2 and IUCLID 6.1).