Two main IUCLID releases are made per year: a major release, usually in April, and a service release in October. Two intermediate releases can also be published on the IUCLID website in addition to the two main releases. The IUCLID format is modified only in the major releases. The IUCLID instances hosted by ECHA in the ECHA Cloud Services are updated whenever new functionality becomes available, but the IUCLID format it uses changes only once a year.
The information below aims at highlighting the work planned for the web interface, particularly the remaining development to complete the transition from the IUCLID Classic interface to the web user interface. As such, this is not an exhaustive list, and is subject to change.
Below are some of the planned highlights for the forthcoming October 2023 release:
- A user will be able to enter their own inventory number directly in a reference substance without importing the inventory number into IUCLID beforehand
- A clean-up mechanism will be put in place for removing background tasks with status 'completed' or 'cancelled' that are 10 days or older
- Report generator
- IUCLID will support the output to a .docx format for reports
- A user will be able to filter the list of reports
- Comparison report
- A user will be able to view and navigate to the second-level entities of the individual document comparison report, e.g. a comparison between linked Literature References
- A user will be able to quickly filter the comparison report to show only differences in content
- Search: a user will be able to use the advanced search function to retrieve information about metabolites included in dossiers or datasets
- Additional performance improvements for data entry operations and extraction to datasets for large dossiers
- A user will be able to view and select an authorised use from ECHA's centrally-maintained list of authorised uses for the working context: 'REACH Downstream user notification of authorised uses'